New Delhi, Dec 6 (IANS) With Christmas fast approaching, you'll be digging deep into your wardrobe for your trusted little black dress (LBD) to see you through. However make sure to jazz up this outfit with statement-making footwear that compliments your dress and your style.
Alisha Malik-Vice President Marketing and Creative face, Metro Shoes Ltd.; Matteo Lambert-Head of Collection at Bata; Shweta Nimkar-Founder & CEO, PAIO Shoes and Shashank Arya-Executive Director of the DAR Group share some tips and tricks to re-invent your LBD with these styles of shoes.
* Glitter heels: Embellished shoes are one of the hottest trends on the horizon for Christmas. Don't let the shiny details throw you off, you can wear this trend with almost anything-all with a little extra sparkle. Glitter has a way of making everything in the world seem better. Glitter heels are the perfect way to give your outfit that extra oomph factor without looking like you're trying hard.
* Pop colour heels: The most common colour choice for heels may be black and nude, since these two shades can be styled with absolutely everything. This season, breathe a little colour into your winter wardrobe. High on contrast and style, colour popping is a trend you definitely need to try this season. It can instantly spruce up your LBD and make your outfit look Christmas ready.
* Metallic heels: Metallic shoes are a mainstay of the Christmas season. Whether we're talking metallic bronze sandals, gold sling-backs, or silver block-heel boots, they're actually some of the most versatile footwear you can own-they are both sassy and sophisticated. With a perfect combination of decadence and practicality, these sandals are a perfect investment one should make this season!
* Quirky boots: Boot season is officially upon us, and it's time to bring out the quirky boots. Colourful printed boots can elevate any outfit and make your outfit look stylish and chic. Christmas is the time to dress up and look your best, and you can never go wrong with a pair of solid colour boots. They are trendy, stylish and winter ready!
* Red shoes: Christmas is incomplete without a hint of red. Red shoes are like a red lip, you can never go wrong with it! Team up your outfit with red shoes that are as bright as your Christmas joy! A great way to amp up your Little Black Dress is to add a pair of racy red mules or stilettoes. To make your look even trendier, opt for a pair of red brocade heels. You really can't go wrong with that combo. Style them with your LBD for some family time and Christmas cake!
* Flats: You can easily rise to the occasion wearing the perfect pair of flats. Keep it casual and team your LBD with fabulous flats. The key to pumping up your flats lies in the details. Make sure the shoes feature a bow or an embellishment to draw the eye downward. Studs, cut-outs and mesh can elevate your little black dress. In addition, the right gladiator-style sandal is sure to call attention to your toes. You can also add a surprising burst of colour to the outfit with candy-coloured or metallic ballet flats.